One on One Mentoring
The skilled and talented staff and volunteers at Volunteer Airdrie are available to help guide, mentor, and educate our members to help boost your organizations effectiveness. Through one on one mentoring, training, and member services, we help nonprofit groups evolve and implement best practices.
We are committed to strengthening the ability of non-profit organizations. We carefully select the resources provided below to ensure the content is relevant and meaningful to our members and will continue to expand training opportunities in governance and leadership.
Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement
The Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement to support organizations that engage volunteers. The Code is a framework for involving volunteers in all levels of an organization. This includes volunteers working in leadership, direct service and virtual roles.
We encourage all organizations to think about how they engage volunteers. We can help!
- The full version gives in-depth explanations of the different parts of the Code. It includes a checklist to help organizations implement recommendations in the document.
- This bilingual booklet gives a summary of the information found in the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement.
- Organizations can use this tool to assess their volunteer programs. It’s intended for organizations that have already adopted the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement as well as those that haven’t.
- The goal of this guide is to show organizations ways to be welcoming of new Canadians. Using the guide, organizations can build inclusive volunteer programs.
- This case study is intended to provide an example of how Harbourfront Centre reviewed the Code and set forth a thorough review of each of the organizational standards.
Free online courses