Want to share a resource with us?
VARC - Volunteer Alberta Resource Centre is a comprehensive and easy-to-search
Road to Accountability Handbook - a project of Charity Central, develops resource materials and provides learning opportunities on accountability and transparency practices for registered charities and not-for-profits.
The Board Development Program and the Muttart Foundation produced a
series of workbooks. They are distributed with the assistance of the
VARC at Volunteer Alberta and Propellus (formerly Volunteer Calgary).
The Board Development Program publishes information bulletins on a variety of board-related issues. Visit http://culture.alberta.ca/bdp to download all the info for free.
Tools for engaging youth in volunteering
Volunteer Canada has created several tools to help organizations engage youth volunteers. Click on the publications below to learn more.
To get involved as a youth volunteer today or if you would like a youth volunteer presentation at your school contact: Volunteer Airdrie
Volunteer Management resources
When I work - FREE Volunteer Scheduling App (When I Work is inviting you to use their app to schedule your volunteers for free - forever!)
OurSharedResources.com - Many shared documents, forms and templates
Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement
The Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement to support organizations that engage volunteers. The Code is a framework for involving volunteers in all levels of an organization. This includes volunteers working in leadership, direct service and virtual roles.
We encourage all organizations to think about how they engage volunteers. We can help!
- The full version gives in-depth explanations of the different parts of the Code. It includes a checklist to help organizations implement recommendations in the document.
- This bilingual booklet gives a summary of the information found in the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement.
- Organizations can use this tool to assess their volunteer programs. It’s intended for organizations that have already adopted the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement as well as those that haven’t.
- The goal of this guide is to show organizations ways to be welcoming of new Canadians. Using the guide, organizations can build inclusive volunteer programs.
- This case study is intended to provide an example of how Harbourfront Centre reviewed the Code and set forth a thorough review of each of the organizational standards.
We are committed to strengthening the ability of non-profit organizations. We carefully select the resources provided below to ensure the content is relevant and meaningful to our members and will continue to expand training opportunities in governance and leadership.
Promote your upcoming community event within the all new ShawTV Calgary website. Send us the date, time, location and title/description along with website address, contact phone number and/or email address, and we will post your event for everyone to see. Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified Canadian Nonprofits, Charities and public libraries can choose from a range of donated software applications. Find out more.